Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Let's Celebrate!


UPDATE: Instead of choosing one winner, I'll now be choosing five winners to each receive a copy of this book. Barry Estabrook very kindly offered to send a few more copies, and I'm happy to be able to pick more winners.

Why are we celebrating? Because it's March. This blog was born in the month of March four short years ago, and I too was born in the month of March, um, we'll just say a few years prior to that. So for the blog birthday and my birthday, I have a gift for you. I received a review copy of the book Tomatoland by Barry Estabrook in paperback. The paperback version will be released in April. Since I also have the hardcover version which I read last year and then recommended to everyone, I want to share this new paperback with you. Tomatoland is about the problems with the tomato industry and the true cost of the way tomatoes are currently grown. It's enlightening and at some points shocking, and it delivers a bit of good news at the end. Of course, I think everyone should read it. Just leave a comment with your email so I can contact you if you win. I'll pick five winners on Wednesday, April fourth at noon CST. The winners will each need to provide a mailing address in the US after being contacted. Good luck, and happy March!

27 comments:

  1. I Love Tomatos. And I Love Cook Books :)
    pat35honey@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog Anniversary! That book must be interesting.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to your blog! Happy, happy, happy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read it! Happy blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- 4 yrs already! I eat tomatoes every day so I guess I need to be enlightened. I do buy local and heirloom but I'd imagine there is more to learn. I'd love a copy.
    sara.weber@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lisa!!! 4 years! wow thats execellent! I hope I have that much stamina! (I'll keeo an eye out for the book in the shops here!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't time fly?? Love your blog and happy blogoversary !! 4 yrs ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big thank you Lisa. It's been four years of beautiful, interesting, and thorough posts that inspire me every time they go up. {I already have a copy of the book, which is great! so count me out of the running...}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had this book on my to-read list, sounds amazing! oh, and happy birthday to this gorgeous blog (and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to you and your blog! It's just about time for the best of the tomatoes to make their way to our markets. No doubt you'll have a few good recipes on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, congrats on 4 years of blogging! Major milestone!

    NOw, as I was also born in March, you see that I already have my chances way up to get the book, right? ;-)

    so here is my comment, typed with all fingers crossed, which wasn't easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love your blog! and happy birthday! I love tomatoes and have planted 8 different varieties this year. Can't wait to see some of your recipes and what you do with them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to you and your blog. I am another March-ie over here! :) Been wanting to read this book as it partially covers how industrialization has impacted agriculture and our food.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Thanks for cooking for us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday and happy blog birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to two wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy early Birthday! Yay for Aries! Looking forward to toasting you (with seltzer, in my case) on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday to a fellow Aries!!
    This book looks great!

    olga.serhijchuk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday to you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That book is so well researched. Truly thought-provoking. It will never have you buying an out-of-season tomato again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that is a great giveaway. That book looks awesome and I'm so pleased there is some good news at the end - that's the perfect way to end a book! And happy birthday and congrats on the four years! What an accomplishment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy March - Sounds like plenty of reasons to celebrate. I've heard loads of good things about that book and agree with Carolyn J. Time to rethink the purchases

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on four years of blogging! You blog with integrity and I always enjoy your content! I would love to read Tomatoland. Learning more about our food sources is one of my passions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congruatulations for your blog's 4th anniversary and Happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your blog birthday! I also live in Austin and just came across your blog today via an Austin Chronicle article. Look forward to reading your blog posts!

    christinaalmond at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy blogiversary Lisa! (and happy belated birthday!)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips